Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Beginnings of an MMO

So I've been having ideas for an MMO lately. Little, fun ideas. I'm not a designer. My ideas will never see the floor of some game designer's studio. But I am having so much fun imaging my favorite MMO, I figure, why not share them?

My game would be based loosely on Zoroastrianism. Loosely because I only know as much as wikipedia tells me about this religion. In Zoroaster's teachings, the world is ruled by two basic principle/spirits: Ahura Mazda (Illuminating Spirit) and Angra Mainyu (Destructive Spirit). It teaches that "active participation in life is necessary for happiness and to keep chaos at bay." Some sects of Zoroastrianism believe in reincarnation and that when one dies, one's experiences are collected by one's guardian spirit to aid in the fight against chaos. You will see these concepts sprinkled throughout my posts. I would not use these exact terms for these concepts, as I would not want to offend those in the Zoroastrian faith. Indeed, if someone started calling their healer class "Jesuses", I suppose I would grow frustrated in their game due to my own beliefs. Instead, I will use them as general principles to guide my game creation.

I will name it "The Land of Zoraster", as a working title.

No comments:

Post a Comment